Thursday 16 October 2014

"Quilter's Doubt" - is it a thing?

I have a rough plan in my head - not a great start.
So I am half way through cutting fabric and may have been a bit sloppy - also not a good start.
Now I'm starting to doubt the colour choice of one of the fabrics - maybe the shade is a bit too grey.
Over analysing it - also not a good thing.
One last piece to cut out and it has taken hours.
I have been boiling and re-boiling the kettle, walking around in circles, thinking, walking away and re-thinking, measuring and re-measuring.
I am even eating the cooking chocolate!


Is quilter's doubt a thing or is it just procrastination in disguise ??

I need to just get on with it!

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of that fabric! Can't wait to see what you make. Cutting fabric is my least favourite part of sewing, I procrastinate terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overthinking always leads to a chocolate-a-thon for me. Probably better to put it on hold and go for a walk. You are not alone - I am the world's worst/best? procrastinator!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a message. It will make my day!