Friday, 31 December 2010
Tuesday, 14 December 2010
Wednesday, 8 December 2010
Foodie goodies wrapped in tea-towels for kinder all wrapped and waiting (so I don't eat the Turkish Delight!) and for the two most wonderful primary teachers in the world (if only we could have them again next year.....) a little linen tote bag to ferry around their teacher stuff.
Now onto the next project ......
Tuesday, 7 December 2010
Tuesday, 23 November 2010
Wednesday, 27 October 2010
Thursday, 21 October 2010
but it is a crazy mess getting aprons and skirts finished for Sunday's market.If you're in Melbourne on Sunday head to the Mulgrave Makers Market from 8am until 1pm. They also have their weekly Farmers Market on at the same time so you can get some fabulous fruit & veg and heaps of other yummy goodies. (I'm hoping the sausage people and Benny's berries will be there - Yum)
Make sure you say hello!
Hopefully I'll have some stuff finished to put on the rack.....
Check out lots more creative types at Kirsty's
Thursday, 14 October 2010
We're still at the polite, get to know you stage and probably both wondering if we're going to "click".
Wednesday, 29 September 2010
Tuesday, 7 September 2010
Tuesday, 17 August 2010
Thursday, 12 August 2010
Wednesday, 11 August 2010
So today, between the coughing,sniffling, sneezing and spluttering (it's mucus central here! .... hmm maybe too much information ????) I finished them off and delivered them. I hope they fit!
They're offically ticked off the list. If I wasn't feeling so crappy I would be feeling pretty good about that.
Sunday, 8 August 2010
It's been fun.
Quilt 1 and I have been a couch couple since February. We've laughed, cried and stayed up late. We've grown close.
I hope we'll be friends.
Will keep you posted.
Monday, 2 August 2010
Tuesday, 27 July 2010
I spent the morning with the talented Andi (of Patchandi) who helped with the binding on THE quilt (yep, basically I had no idea and mentioned that I was making it up as I went along and she wisely put a stop to that!)
I have never seen so many beautiful quilts in one place as there is at Andi's house. One very talented chick! And for those that follow Andi - the kitchen is nicer than the pics!
Tuesday, 6 July 2010
Friday, 25 June 2010
- have a new appreciation for how big the number 50 really is (I really underestimated this!)
- now know that making, by hand, 50 of the same thing is mind numbing
- still have an amazing ability to procrastinate - hence the mad panic at the end
- know that my 3 year old is excellent at "helping" with pins
- have forgotten what the park looks like
- have let my 3 year old watch too many dvd's over the last couple of weeks so that I could finish the little monsters
- need to find the laundry .... it's in there somewhere
- have a very patient and wonderful family that have tripped over the sewing machine, ironing board and metres of drying fabric that have taken over our kitchen/living area - thanks guys, I love you!
- have discovered the world of joy that is a rotary cutter. How did I not know about these ?
- am grateful to Kate for ordering them!
- am happy to have my life back and the sweat shop closed.
Being a very good business woman (insert tongue in cheek here...) I could invest my earnings back into my little business .......... or I could buy a real, grown-up mixmaster that I've been saving for - for years! (and let the struggling 15yr old, hand held kenwood retire with dignity).
Decisions, decisions .... mixmaster in cherry red or pistachio green ? .....
Hope you all have a lovely weekend and great school holidays!