Tuesday 16 September 2014

Dusty Cookbook No. 5

It has been a LONG time between dusty cookbooks.
Initially I said that this year I would do one each fortnight - I must have been drunk!
It is now September and my annual total of Dusty Cookbooks is a hefty 4.
Disgraceful!
But let us not dwell on the fact that I have completely fallen off the Dusty Cookbook wagon.
We shall just jump back on and introduce Dusty Cookbook Number 5!


This little baby - complete with very sticky front cover - arrived in a Christmas present from my Mum in 1989.
Inside amongst the very '80's photos, I have found only a few ticks beside a couple of recipes.  This book, I have to admit, is one that usually stays on the shelf collecting dust.

NOT TODAY!!




"Hundreds & Thousands Biscuits" are just out of the oven making my kitchen smell fabulous.
 

Just biting into one now ……..

Hmm, they are OK but you need a big glass of milk or a cup of tea to wash them down - they are a bit dry.
Not sure if they are worthy of a tick in the margin (the Ohjoh measure of recipe greatness).  
Will see what the smalls say when they arrive home from school.   
Mind you, after school they would eat the dog if he looked like a biscuit!

Have you been dusting off your cookbooks?  Have you discovered any fabulous new (yet old) recipes??

Cheers
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny you make me laugh!
    I have many a cookbook collecting dust. Maybe I should flick through & see what I find?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hundreds and thousands make anything good! Good looking at least. I like old cookbooks when they have ancient ingredients like lard in everything. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I have this cookbook. It was given to me by a guy called Adrian who was a family friend for my 21st birthday. I was leaving home in the country and moving to the city and University. The binding is split. There are a few splash stains on the pages but I wouldn't dream of getting rid of it. x

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a message. It will make my day!