Thursday 10 April 2014

zombie gnocchi

In Dusty Cookbook Number 4 the gnocchi looked like this ...


After having that Masterchef moment of "crap, not enough time to get this finished properly and get kids washed and into bed before we all turn into hysterical monsters" - I'm sure that was on an episode somewhere….

I added buckets of extra flour, swore and wished I had a back-up plan.
I didn't.
So I dropped spoonfuls of the incredibly sticky, pumpkin goo into boiling water and crossed my fingers.

We ate this
It is now known as "Zombie Gnocchi".

Everyone said it was nice - in a "screwed up nose, don't offend the crazy lady" kind of way.
No-one has requested a repeat performance.
Perhaps some recipe books get dusty for a reason.

2 comments:

  1. Haha oh no! I will at least give you points for effort there, mine got some weird omelette/ frittata/ pancake hybrid tonight they were very unimpressed but surprisingly ate most of it. I am sure the more effort you put into something the less they want to eat it

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a message. It will make my day!