It has been a long time since we've touched base, hasn't it?!?!
The Mr has started work in Perth leaving the tribe and I here in Melbourne to sort out and pack up before we trek over there in a month or so.
Things I've learnt so far:
- A hall cupboard can hold a lot of crap
- The bigger the cupboard the more stuff you can squeeze in over 8 years.
- Squeezing stuff in a cupboard doesn't mean that your stuff is worth keeping.
- I have a lot of fabric in that hall cupboard
- I have unfinished projects in that cupboard that should really get finished before we move - hmmmm remote chance of that happening.
- Closing the door and walking away is only a temporary solution - but it worked for me again today!
|G's quilt started in Jan 2012 ...ooops must get onto that|
- Skype is a great thing!
- Explaining a 3 hour time difference to a six year old is challenging when she wants to ring Dad and say good morning at 7.30am (4.30am his time)
- Even dogs miss Dads - unfortunately at 3am
- A small dog walking on floorboards at 3am sounds like a pack of teenage girls in stilettos minus the giggling
- Swearing at the dog in the wee hours is meaningless
- You cannot send a dog in a POSTPAK even if you do promise to put holes in it.
Hope you and yours are great.