Wednesday 20 August 2014

Frocked

We have a "work do" to go to on Saturday night.
You know the type - black tie with a theme and I'm the spouse who knows probably 3 people.
Can you tell that I am jumping out of my skin with excitement ??? …..
I would much rather be on the couch in my pj's.
In true spouse style I will trot off, smile, make small talk and probably have a really good time.

It is best in these situations, however, not to arrive naked.
This could be a little awkward and may hinder the Mr's career opportunities.


2 weeks ago I decided that I would make a frock (as no other frock in the wardrobe fits … damn it!).
I will make a little something that can do this function and a wedding in September.
Simple!
Great!
Fabulous idea!

A week disappeared (how does that happen?) with only a bit of Googling and Pinteresting and not much else.
A girlfriend in here in Perth directed me to Fabulous Fabrics in Balcatta.


Truly fabulous and full of really NICE (and expensive) evening fabrics.
For Melbourne peeps it is a bit like the long lost love child of Franke Stuart in Hawthorn and Clegs. Fun, fun, fun.
In a fleeting moment of misplaced confidence I purchased some beautiful black lace.
I love it!
It is divine!


It was ridiculously expensive (I may have to sell a child when the Visa bill arrives).


I am now too scared to cut it in case I 'frock' it up.


It is Wednesday.
The function is on Saturday along with kid's sport and a couple of kid's parties.
I work on Friday.
And did I mention that I don't really have a pattern …

I may be "frocked".

Do you think I can just wear my jeans ???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, leave a message. It will make my day!